Our pub is owned and operated by HW Associates (Northampton) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 07680497 and whose registered office is at 10 Priors Close, Christchurch, BH23 4EZ. The VAT registration number is GB 267057781.
The Stag Maidwell (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.the-stag-maidwell.co.uk using our site and (if applicable) booking any stay through our site, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please do not use our site or make any booking through it if you do not agree to the terms of this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is HW Associates (Northampton) Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 10573254and whose registered office is at 10 Priors Close, Christchurch, BH23 4EZ. The VAT registration number is GB 267057781.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act and the GDPR is Robert Willoughby, Licensee.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.the-stag-maiwell.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any service that we offer from time to time, become a member, make a booking through our site, book an experience through our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, date of birth, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use this site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. Note the deliberate emphasis of anonymous, as no personally identifiable information is collected about you unless you explicitly submit that information on this website.
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google – not us. This information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for this site only. We use these reports to evaluate aggregate visitor usage so that we can optimise the content, and its marketing, to better meet your needs. This is essential for us to operate this website as a free to use service.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including sharing your information with any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) or other companies outside of our group, in each case that will be performing or needs to hold any such information in connection with the performance of, any services booked by you through our site;
- we will provide you with information about other goods and services we may offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data – this may be any booking form or registration form). For any bookings made via telephone for existing or new customers, you will automatically be subscribed to the mailing list(s). To opt out of such communications at any time, simply select the “unsubscribe” link in any email communication received or contact us at email@example.com and you will be automatically removed from the mailing list;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to validate your information to check that data we hold about our customers/users is accurate, consistent and up to date;
- to review our services from time to time to ensure that such services are relevant to our customers.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to perform our contract with you to provide our services; and
- in pursuit of our legitimate interests to record CCTV footage to protect premises, belongings and staff.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We will not link, or seek to link, any data gathered from this site with any personally identifiable information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information. We discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available at our website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of the EU; by using our website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, we discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of our website and have supplied your email address, we may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what is going on. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if HW Associates (Northampton) Limited, or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it or them about its or their customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HW Associates (Northampton) Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us on using the details below and provide the updated information. You may ask us to delete your personal data and if you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using the details below, specifying why you would like us to delete your personal data. You may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form, or ask us to send such personal data to another data controller. You may object to our processing of your personal data pursuant to this Policy. Please contact us using the details below, providing details of your objection. You may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, for the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at ico.org.uk.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our group companies, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You will need to visit our premises to obtain details of the information we hold about you.
For more information on the new GDPR Regulations visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/